Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. In light of the COVID-19 epidemic, We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep our patients and team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies closely so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- SCREENING PROTOCOL: Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask you some screening questions.
- SCHEDULED SOCIAL DISTANCING: Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This means it is now more important than ever to be on time for your appointment as being late can result in an unsafe back-up of patient flow. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we transition back to normal.
- MOBILE CHECK-IN: In order to minimize the amount of people in the office and time in shared rooms, we will be offering mobile check-in. Simply call or text us when you arrive, wait in the comfort of your car and we will call or text you when it’s your turn to be seen. Someone will take your temp and escort you to the hand sanitizing station upon arrival and you will be able to sanitize again before you leave.
- MINIMIZING TOUCH AND TIME: Wherever possible we ask that patients be mindful of what they touch while in the office. Common surfaces, doors, pens, clipboards and other areas that are unavoidable to touch will be sanitized throughout the day. We will be implementing telehealth dental appointments for consults and emergency visits.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT AND DISINFECTION: We use hydrogen peroxide as pre-rinse to disinfect. We use N95 masks to prevent aerosol transmission.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 626 430 7370
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.